Caitlin Mans

Dublin Core

Title

Caitlin Mans

Description

Moving across the country allows an individual to only bring a finite number of objects with them. The following represent a snapshot of some of the items that I thought were important enough to bring with me from my home in Riceville, Iowa, to graduate school in Columbia, South Carolina in the summer of 2011 and, in one case, accumulated since then. These items vary in their use, appearance, and meaning, but all portray a component of my life at this point in time in terms of personal meaning, the connections to family, community, or an experience and even the more practical uses. Yet, the selection, while guided by personal meaning and immediacy, was also attuned to academic needs, the ideas and meanings associated with these and other objects, the things that compose lives. Thus, the following enable me represent myself both as an academic through selection and reflect me personally.

Contributor

Caitlin Mans

Items in the Caitlin Mans Collection

Duck Figurine
Small white duck figurine made of ceramic. The beak and feet are both pink in color but have excessive chipping.

Skullcandy ear buds
Small "Skullcandy" ear buds which are purple in color.

Cotton Scarf
Blue and greens craft crafted on a loom and purchased in Fez, Morocco.

Squirrel Cookie Cutter
Small cookie cutter formed into a squirrel shape.

Pride and Prejudice Book
A Barnes and Noble Classic version of Jane Austen's classic novel Pride and Prejudice. This novel portrays the story of Elizabeth Bennett and her relationship with Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy.